Friday, October 1, 2010

Best Burger Ever

Recipe via All Recipes.com
 
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 10 Minutes Ready In: 20 Minutes
Yields: 6 servings
"Fun and different burger for those burger lovers with a huge appetite."

INGREDIENTS:
2 pounds extra-lean ground beef
1 (1 ounce) package dry onion
soup mix
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
3/4 cup rolled oats
(I add about 1/4 cup of water to mixture -- holds it together better)
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium high heat and lightly oil grate.
2. In a large bowl, combine the beef, onion soup mix, egg, hot sauce and oats. Shape into 6 patties.
3. Grill patties over medium high heat for 10 to 20 minutes, or to desired doneness.

I followed the recipe exactly and found that the hot pepper sauce added just a little zing. Very nice!

Here's a tip I just learned and it worked out great. Put an indent in the middle of your patties with your thumb before cooking - then they'll come out flat and not bulging in the middle!

No comments:

Post a Comment